Purpose of the Role- The purpose of the Design Lead is to lead all aspects of the design process to ensure timely delivery and maintaining standards required..
Reporting to –Project/Design Manager.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Ensuring the design team delivers drawings and documents (both specific and generic) and ensuring the delivery of the design brief/deliverables using your technical building expertise.
- Liaising with the Design Manager/ Project Engineer Manager to complete the design of projects and to ensure all the requirements quoted are included in the design.
- Reviewing specifications and documents to ensure all design deliverables are met in a timely manner. Propose cost effective products and solutions while meeting specifications and requirements
- Reviewing and quality checking the design drawings, documents and procurement schedules with the Project Manager/Project Engineer prior to issue.
- Reporting directly to supervisors/team leaders to ensure deadlines are met and details of the project are produced accurately and efficiently.
- Liaising with the Project and site management team to update documents where necessary.
- Ensure that handover documentation is compiled and issued appropriately.
- Providing information and completing requisitions to the procurement department to allow material orders.
- Visiting site to problem solve, ensure constructability and record survey information
- Issuing documents to clients as requested.
- Responsible for the production of design solutions including drawings, schedules, technical submittals & other documentation.
- Liaise with the Client and other stakeholders as required to ensure a smooth handover of the design package.
- Production of technically sound architectural deliverables (drawings, specification, schedules) using Revit, in accordance with project standards and schedule.
- Ensure all design work conforms to standards and is buildable. Contribute to the development of architectural standards and solutions.
- Responsible for planning of resources on projects ahead of schedule and project kick off where possible.
Key Requirements Include:
- Strong problem solving abilities and leading with a sense of urgencyOrganised with a high attention to detail.
- Project Management qualification/diploma or equivalent desired.
- Knowledge of design softwares not limited to Revit, Navisworks and BIM.
- Proven track record of ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritise deadlines using own initiative.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
The above statements are intended to describe the essential responsibilities of persons assigned to this role. They are not intended as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements.
To apply email [email protected] or call our dedicated recruitment line on 0873378252 / 0567819000