Purpose of the Role: Produces design drawings & documentation.
Reporting to:– Design Manager
- Responsibility for producing drawings, details, door schedules etc.Designs will be issued for client approval through design submittals and status of each submittal will be maintained on a submittal summary log.
- Producing product data technical submittals for client approval and the status of each submittal will be maintained on a submittal summary log.
- Liaising with the Design Manager & Project Manager as well as architects, consultants, engineers and clients in relation to all aspects of project designs.
- Reviewing all commercial documents with the Design Manager & Project Surveyor to ensure understanding of the requirements for the project and that all elements quoted are included in the design.
- Attending client design review meetings to review design progress and co-ordinate with other designers.
- Producing panel/component schedules and place orders for materials required to construct the project following client approval of the design.
- Issuing enquiries to suppliers to obtain quotations where necessary.
- Documentation of design hazards identified during the design stage and communicating residual risks to the PSDP through a Design Risk Assessment.
- Visiting site to record survey information with the Site Manager.
- Liaising with Design Manager and the site management team to update documents where necessary during the construction stage of the project.
- Ensuring project files kept up to date with all relevant project correspondence.
- Ensuring that handover documentation is compiled and issued appropriately.
- Level 7 or Higher Design qualification.
- Proficient in Revit Design & BIM
- Proficient in AutoCAD Design
- Knowledge of Irish Building Regulations
- Ability to multi-task
- Time management skills
- Leadership initiative
- Capable of utilising IT software
- Good coordinating skills working with personnel, management and suppliers.
This job description is subject to review at the discretion of Modubuild. The list of duties in this job description should not be considered exhaustive and you may be required to carry out other adhoc duties as deemed necessary from time to time by your manager.
To apply email [email protected] or call our dedicated recruitment line on 0873378252 / 0567819000