Purpose of the Role: The Design & Engineering Manager will provide leadership, direction and support to the team to ensure designs are managed effectively through pre design to post-design review and checking. They will proactively manage projects within agreed timescales, taking into account quality, accuracy and consistency
Reports to: Director of Life Sciences
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- They are responsible for understanding the scope of work, while controlling changes to ensure commercial risks are communicated.
- Establish and maintain design schedules including productivity.
- They liaise with architects, consultants, engineers and clients in relation to all aspects of project designs.
- Review all commercial documents to ensure that all elements quoted are included in the design.
- Reviewing and issuing design risk assessments.
- Issuing enquiries to suppliers to obtain quotations where necessary.
- Ensuring that documents are issued to clients as requested.
- Build and create lasting relationships with clients and subcontractors.
- Creation and review of BIM documents such as BIM execution plans.
- Model and drawing management ensuring the latest information is available to all project stakeholders throughout the project.
- Development of Architectural/MEP models in line with company requirements
- comply with company design procedures
- Manage the BIM relationship between the company, its clients, external consultants and project teams, acting as the point of contact for all BIM matters.
- Establish and implement BIM standards and processes for the company.
- Develop BIM programmes relating to the overall BIM activities set by client/company expectations.
- Ensure designs produced comply with the construction design and regulations and with company standards and procedures.
- Reviews models for adherence to project.
- Oversee the application of BIM technologies and ensures that the model adheres to all internal and client specific goals and standards.
- Oversee the completion of Handover Packs (Operation & Maintenance Manual)
Selection Criteria/Person Specification:
- Professional design qualification.
- Design experience, specifically BIM experience and knowledge.
- Strong computer skills required, for example;, Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and Google Packages (Gmail, Google Drive, Google Docs).
- Have excellent interpersonal, written and spoken communication skills.
- Proven track record of ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritise deadlines using own initiative.
- Ability to take a professional, organised and positive approach to problem solving.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
The above statements are intended to describe the essential responsibilities of persons assigned to this role. They are not intended as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements.
To apply send your CV to [email protected]