Purpose of the Role: The management of all contract activities. Ensuring that the project is completed safely, to a high quality, in a timely fashion, and within budget.
Reporting to: Operations Director
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- They are responsible for managing all project related activities including design, procurement and construction.
- Managing and developing client relationships.
- Work with the commercial team to identify and manage commercial and contractual risks.
- Responsible for promoting continuous improvement of processes to ensure maximum efficiency on the project.
- Monitoring subcontractors and internal team performance.
- Implementation of all quality and safety procedures, and ensuring that all personnel and subcontractors are in compliance with these procedures.
- Ensuring that agreed project schedules are in place and agreed with the client before commencement, and monitoring progress to ensure that relevant targets are achieved.
- Monitoring non-conformances and ensuring that relevant reports are completed and reviewed with the Operations Director within two weeks of occurrence.
- Ensuring that all commitments made with clients are achieved.
- Ensuring that all materials, plant, sub-contractors and labour are allocated to the project in sufficient time to ensure that target dates are met.
- Making sure that the project is completed on or below the budget amount agreed at the tender stage. To ensure that all scope changes are communicated back to the commercial department and approval is obtained prior to commencement of scope change.
- Ability to develop and maintain a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress of the project.
- Perform risk management on projects to minimise risks.
- Responsible for managing and measuring project performance using appropriate tools and reporting any concerns to senior management.
Selection Criteria/Person Specification:
- Minimum 5 years experience in a similar role.
- Third level qualification in relevant discipline.
- Extensive Knowledge of modular construction methods.
- Organised with the ability to pay attention to detail.
- Strong commercial/contract awareness and negotiation skills.
- Good project management skills including use of Microsoft Project.
- Strong administrative and computer skills required, for example; Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and Google Packages (Gmail, Google Drive, Google Docs), Primavera 6.
- Have excellent interpersonal, written and spoken communication skills.
- Proven track record of ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritise deadlines using own initiative.
- Ability to take a professional, organised and positive approach to problem solving.
- Ability to build and retain strong relationships to drive projects to completion.
The above statements are intended to describe the essential responsibilities of persons assigned to this role. They are not intended as exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements.