Purpose of the Role: The management of all contract construction issues. Ensuring that the project is installed safely, to a high quality, in a timely fashion, and within budget.
Reporting to: Senior Project Manager
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manages project from kick off through to handover.
- They are responsible for managing all project activities including design, procurement and construction.
- Review progress and man-hour forecasts to enable corrective action decision making.
- Delivers regular progress reports which present a concise, accurate status of the project, ensuring a consistent status is communicated to clients and senior management.
- Implementation of all quality and safety procedures, and ensuring that all personnel and sub-contractors are in compliance with these procedures.
- Responsible for the production of documentation, including reports, drawings, calculations, specifications, tender documentation including particular specifications to allow the project to proceed.
- Ensuring that agreed construction schedules are in place and agreed with the client before commencement, and monitoring progress to ensure that relevant targets are achieved.
- To report on any deviations from project plan which could impact on quality, specification, programme or cost and follow up on deviations as required.
- Monitoring non-conformances and ensuring that relevant reports are completed and reviewed with the construction director within two weeks of occurrence.
- Maintaining client relationships, and ensuring that all commitments made are achieved.
- Attend regular planning and construction meetings.
- Responsible for ensuring all procedures described in the SOP’s are strictly adhered to.
- To follow up snags ensuring that the project is completed fully, before closing the account.
- To support design of the ‘front-end’ of the project whilst evaluating quality and value relative to practicalities.
- Ensuring compliance with procedures and relevant legislation throughout the project.
- To source, select, procure, inspect, approve and oversee installation of equipment, machines and systems.
- Review high level construction risks and assist the design and construction team to mitigate those risks.
- To ensure that all scope changes are communicated back to the commercial department and approval is obtained prior to commencement of scope change site activity.
- Responsibility for managing and running a number of projects on a daily basis.
- Performing Constructability reviews during Concept, Basis of Design and Detailed Design stages. Review Buildability, access to the works and site logistics.
- Develops an outline schedule for the work packages and incorporates inspections and Handover.
- Ensuring that all materials, plant, sub-contractors and labour are allocated to the project in sufficient time to ensure that target dates are met.
- Making sure that the project is constructed on or below the budget amount provided at tender stage. To ensure that all scope changes are communicated back to the commercial department and approval is obtained prior to commencement of scope change site activity.
Selection Criteria/Person Specification:
- Minimum 2 years experience in a similar role.
- Extensive Knowledge of modular construction methods.
- Organised with the ability to pay attention to detail.
- Good project management skills including use of Microsoft Project.
- Strong administrative and computer skills required, for example; Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and Google Packages (Gmail, Google Drive, Google Docs), Primavera 6.
- Have excellent interpersonal, written and spoken communication skills.
- Proven track record of ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritise deadlines using own initiative.
- Ability to take a professional, organised and positive approach to problem solving.
The above statements are intended to describe the essential responsibilities of persons assigned to this role. They are not intended as exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements.
To apply send your CV to [email protected]