Purpose of the Role- to ensure quality, health & safety and project deadlines are adhered to across a number of projects.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for managing project activities including design, procurement, quality and construction.
- Implementing all project related quality procedures.
- Implementation of all quality and safety procedures, and ensuring that all personnel and subcontractors are in compliance with these procedures.
- Making sure that all documentation is in place to allow work to proceed.
- Ensuring that agreed construction schedules are in place and agreed with the client before commencement, and monitoring progress to ensure that relevant targets are achieved.
- Monitoring non-conformances and ensuring that relevant reports are completed and reviewed with the construction director within two weeks of occurrence.
- Maintaining client relationships, and ensuring that all commitments made are achieved.
- Ensuring that all materials, plant, sub-contractors and labour are allocated to the project in sufficient time to ensure that target dates are met.
- Making sure that the project is constructed on or below the budget amount provided at the tender stage. To ensure that all scope changes are communicated back to the commercial department and approval is obtained prior to commencement of scope change site activity.
Key Requirements Include:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a Project Engineering role.
- Safe pass and manual handling training.
- Good project management skills including use of Microsoft Project.
- Strong administrative and computer skills required, for example; Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and Google Packages (Gmail, Google Drive, Google Docs).
- Have excellent interpersonal, written and spoken communication skills.
- Proven track record of ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritise deadlines using own initiative.
- Ability to take a professional, organised and positive approach to problem solving.
The above statements are intended to describe the essential responsibilities of persons assigned to this role. They are not intended as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org