The Structural Engineer will provide professional advice and detailed drawings and calculations to our construction, design and estimating departments.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Undertaking the structural engineering design for projects or major parts projects, reporting to senior directors.
- Working closely with designers of other disciplines to produce coordinated designs.
- Working within larger project teams, with responsibility for production of deliverables to agreed timelines.
- The production of drawings, reports, calculations and structural specifications.
- Demonstrate a strong ability to communicate through sketching, drawing, presentations, and in writing
- Contribute to new product development.
- You will be responsible for the production of designs and calculations whilst acting as a key point of contact for our clients and internal team.
- Review and manage construction / design / engineering related queries on all projects.
- Responsible for providing engineering advice and technical knowledge both internally and externally.
- Carry out detailed structural surveys and compile survey reports.
- Preparing professional and detailed engineering reports for senior management.
- Review project scopes to determine structural deliverables.
- Ensure that Health and Safety is at the forefront of all aspects of design and development work.
Key Requirements Include:
- The successful Structural Engineer should be chartered.
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience in structural engineering.
- Strong computer skills required, for example; Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and Google Packages (Gmail, Google Drive, Google Docs).
- Have excellent interpersonal, written and spoken communication skills.
- Proven track record of ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritise deadlines using one’s own initiative.
- Ability to take a professional, organised and positive approach to problem solving.
- Understand the importance of confidentiality and the ability to deal with confidential information in an appropriate manner.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Knowledge of BIM
Modubuild is an equal opportunities employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com