Job Description: The Senior Health and Safety Officer is involved in implementing and monitoring Modubuild’s Environmental, Health and Safety Policies in accordance with legislation.
Reporting to: QEHS Manager
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Working with the QEHS Manager to ensure Modubuild’s compliance with EHS legislation.
- Working with the QEHS Manager and Site Team to develop Health and safety plan, site specific safety statement, method statements and risk assessments.
- Implementing and monitoring project safety documentation.
- Attending site safety meetings.
- Monitoring site safety and observing for potential hazards.
- Reporting safety issues to the QEHS Manager and Construction / Project Manager.
- To advise the site team on EHS issues.
- Devising and implementing safe systems of work.
- Ensure all personnel are site safety inducted by both Modubuild & the client.
- Ensure that all direct employees & sub contractors have signed the method statement & all revised method statements thereafter.
- Ensure all plant & equipment is in good working condition.
- Ensure all fall arrest equipment is in good working order with no defects.
- Decommission defective & faulty equipment.
- Ensure all personnel have the correct training to suit their task.
- Maintaining site training matrix.
- To ensure that toolbox talks are held with all site personnel on a weekly basis or otherwise when required.
- To conduct site safety audits & notify the client if any safety issues arise in the site safety audit.
- Report finding to the Modubuild QEHS Manager.
- Carrying out accident investigation with the site manager, establishing the cause of the accident, incident or dangerous occurrence and recommend methods of future avoidance.
- Ensure there is an adequate supply of PPE & safety equipment on site.
- Ensure personnel are supplied with the correct PPE to suit their task.
- Ensure the project safety file is kept in good order and up to date.
- Leads projects and/or supports site associates on HSE goals and assignments related to associate safety, ergonomics, environmental protection, process safety, or sustainability in manufacturing and research environments.
- Manages the investigation and assessment of incidents and work-related injuries to determine root cause. Tracks HSE corrective actions for prioritization, completion, and effectiveness.
- Build strong relationships with clients and subcontractors to communicate and influence HSE policies and programs on site at all levels.
- Work closely with the HSE Manager and Operations Manager to continue development and implementation of HSE strategies to promote a “injury/incident free workplace”
- Remain up to date on latest legislation and industry best practice.
Selection Criteria/ Person Specification:
- Good communication skills.
- Professional safety qualification.
- Previous experience in this role.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of specific legislation.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org