Purpose of the Role- The MEP Engineer is responsible for assisting and implementing the design, construction and handover of all mechanical and electrical packages on projects.
- Managing and coordinating the installation of mechanical and electrical packages.
- Supervising the progress of work and run M&E trades.
- Assisting with the preparation the project programme, including the delivery strategy and ensure project milestones are achieved.
- Identifying and predicting potential delays and action remedies.
- Performing cost analysis as and when required.
- Participating in design reviews.
- Ensure the finalisation of Building Services Installation and Commissioning programmes are aligned and integrated with the main Construction Programme.
- Ensure Management of the formal QMS snagging / quality walk downs and associated progressive inspection and sign off of the MEP Installation’s
- Implementation of all quality and safety procedures, and ensuring that all personnel and subcontractors are in compliance with these procedures.
- Making sure that all documentation is in place to allow work to proceed.
- Ensuring that agreed construction schedules are in place and agreed with the client before commencement, and monitoring progress to ensure that relevant targets are achieved.
- Monitoring non-conformances and ensuring that relevant reports are completed and reviewed with construction director within two weeks of occurrence.
- Maintaining client relationships, and ensuring that all commitments made are achieved.
- Ensuring that all materials, plant, sub-contractors and labour are allocated to the project in sufficient time to ensure that target dates are met.
- Making sure that the project is constructed on or below the budget amount provided at tender stage. To ensure that all scope changes are communicated back to the commercial department and approval is obtained prior to commencement of scope change site activity.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a similar role.
- Electrical & Mechanical install experience.
- Extensive Knowledge of modular construction methods.
- Organised with the ability to pay attention to detail.
- Good project management skills including use of Microsoft Project.
- Strong administrative and computer skills required, for example; Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and Google Packages (Gmail, Google Drive, Google Docs).
- Have excellent interpersonal, written and spoken communication skills.
- Proven track record of ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritise deadlines using own initiative.
- Ability to take a professional, organised and positive approach to problem solving.
The above statements are intended to describe the essential responsibilities of persons assigned to this role. They are not intended as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com