Purpose of the Role: The Learning and Development Specialist will lead all training and CPD activities in the company to facilitate effective learning strategies across all areas of the business.
Report to: Human Resources
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead the training function of the company to ensure that training is planned, effective, consistent and recorded to meet legislative, regulatory and company requirements.
- Identify and implement improvements in the training process and systems to ensure the outstanding approach to training.
- Liaise with local education and training institutions to ensure local training initiatives are availed of.
- Explore and recommend innovative new approaches to training and CPD (e.g.microlearning, virtual training approaches)
- Track market trends to ensure all training meets compliance standards and any new training initiatives in the industry are utilised.
- Collect, report and action feedback from participants to improve course content/delivery for future classes
- Identify internal and external training programs to address specific training needs, making recommendations about appropriate training solutions where necessary.
- Design and deliver training programmes relating to products, process, quality, health and safety, etc
- Coordinate logistics in relation to both internal and external training activities to ensure all training facilities are conducive to creating a positive learning environment.
- Facilitate learning through a variety of delivery methods including classroom instruction, on-the-job coaching, etc
- Assist with the application, tracking and claims of any training grants.
- Ensure training records are accurately maintained.
- Providing feedback to the appropriate management groups on the collective and individual performance of participants on training courses.
- Building relationships with internal and external stakeholders and working collaboratively across teams.
- Maintaining a professional image for the company in all dealings with internal and external stakeholders.
- Other ad hoc duties that the Company may require from time to time
Selection Criteria/Person Specification:
- 2+ years experience in a similar role
- Relevant third level education qualification
- Strong computer skills required, for example;, Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and Google Packages (Gmail, Google Drive, Google Docs).
- Have excellent interpersonal, written and spoken communication skills.
- Proven track record of ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritise deadlines using own initiative.
- Ability to take a professional, organised and positive approach to problem solving.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org