Purpose of the Role- The purpose of the Design Lead is to lead all aspects of the design process to ensure timely delivery and maintaining standards required..
Reporting to –Project/Design Manager.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Ensuring the design team delivers drawings and documents (both specific and generic) and ensuring the delivery of the design brief/deliverables using your technical building expertise.
- Liaising with the Design Manager/ Project Engineer Manager to complete the design of projects and to ensure all the requirements quoted are included in the design.
- Reviewing specifications and documents to ensure all design deliverables are met in a timely manner. Propose cost effective products and solutions while meeting specifications and requirements
- Reviewing and quality checking the design drawings, documents and procurement schedules with the Project Manager/Project Engineer prior to issue.
- Reporting directly to supervisors/team leaders to ensure deadlines are met and details of the project are produced accurately and efficiently.
- Liaising with the Project and site management team to update documents where necessary.
- Ensure that handover documentation is compiled and issued appropriately.
- Providing information and completing requisitions to the procurement department to allow material orders.
- Visiting site to problem solve, ensure constructability and record survey information
- Issuing documents to clients as requested.
- Responsible for the production of design solutions including drawings, schedules, technical submittals & other documentation.
- Liaise with the Client and other stakeholders as required to ensure a smooth handover of the design package.
- Production of technically sound architectural deliverables (drawings, specification, schedules) using Revit, in accordance with project standards and schedule.
- Ensure all design work conforms to standards and is buildable. Contribute to the development of architectural standards and solutions.
- Responsible for planning of resources on projects ahead of schedule and project kick off where possible.
Key Requirements Include:
- Strong problem solving abilities and leading with a sense of urgencyOrganised with a high attention to detail.
- Project Management qualification/diploma or equivalent desired.
- Knowledge of design softwares not limited to Revit, Navisworks and BIM.
- Proven track record of ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritise deadlines using own initiative.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com