Purpose of the Role: The Business Development Manager will play a central role in the growth of the business. You will be responsible for identifying new clients and revenue streams, while working with the team to grow revenue with existing customers. A key requirement will be creating & maintaining relationships through frequent meet up’s, product education / presentations and maintaining an active presence throughout the sector.
Reporting to: Pre-Contracts Director
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Building stakeholder relationships and shaping customer requirements with a view to securing new business opportunities & revenue streams.
- Prioritise sales opportunities based on assessment of resources required, cost of capture and likelihood of success
- Work in collaboration with the Senior Leadership to develop sales forecasts and growth projections,
- Writing reports and analysing relevant business data to provide accurate sales forecasting information & reports to the business
- To present monthly BD activity reports to Senior Leadership.
- Assist the company in the development & implementation of their sales & marketing plans to ensure key markets & clients are being targeted and influenced, with outcomes achieved.
- Work with Operations & other support functions to ensure clients’ needs are met & exceeded
- Maintaining a strong understanding & relationships with other business departments to ensure a clear & unambiguous understanding of the entire business process and operations.
- Identifying key accounts
- To develop a detailed understanding of the systems and services provided by the business.
- Devise a comprehensive sales strategy to deliver targets or exceed them
- Use a consultative sales approach to ensure that solutions are tailored to our customers unique requirements
- An ability to deliver a consistent, high-energy service to new and existing customers
- Progress inbound leads through to closed won opportunities
Selection Criteria/Person Specification:
- Proven ability to develop and maintain an effective network of contacts and build relationships at all levels of the customer/prospect organisation
- Strong commercial acumen and business understanding enabling achievement of profitable growth.
- Strong entrepreneurial nature, natural sales professional, hungry for career advancement and growth
- Team player who will perform as an ambassador for the business
- Extensive experience in the construction / off-site manufacturing industry with up to date knowledge of the market and trends.
- Have excellent presentation and product demonstration skills
- You will have strong influencing skills to support the growth of the business
- Flexibility for global travel to meet with existing & potential clients, attend conferences, trade shows & networking functions
- Have a existing network of contacts within the life sciences/ high tech construction industry will be beneficial
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org