Purpose of the Role: Produces design drawings & documentation.
Reporting to:– Design Manager
- Responsibility for producing drawings, details, door schedules etc.Designs will be issued for client approval through design submittals and status of each submittal will be maintained on a submittal summary log.
- Producing product data technical submittals for client approval and the status of each submittal will be maintained on a submittal summary log.
- Liaising with the Design Manager & Project Manager as well as architects, consultants, engineers and clients in relation to all aspects of project designs.
- Reviewing all commercial documents with the Design Manager & Project Surveyor to ensure understanding of the requirements for the project and that all elements quoted are included in the design.
- Attending client design review meetings to review design progress and co-ordinate with other designers.
- Producing panel/component schedules and place orders for materials required to construct the project following client approval of the design.
- Issuing enquiries to suppliers to obtain quotations where necessary.
- Documentation of design hazards identified during the design stage and communicating residual risks to the PSDP through a Design Risk Assessment.
- Visiting site to record survey information with the Site Manager.
- Liaising with Design Manager and the site management team to update documents where necessary during the construction stage of the project.
- Ensuring project files kept up to date with all relevant project correspondence.
- Ensuring that handover documentation is compiled and issued appropriately.
- Level 7 or Higher Design qualification.
- Proficient in Revit Design & BIM
- Proficient in AutoCAD Design
- Knowledge of Irish Building Regulations
- Ability to multi-task
- Time management skills
- Leadership initiative
- Capable of utilising IT software
- Good coordinating skills working with personnel, management and suppliers.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com