Purpose of the Role : The Structural Engineer provides professional advice and guidance to our construction, design and estimating department.
Reporting to – Operations Manager.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Undertaking the structural engineering design for projects or major parts projects, reporting to senior directors.
- Working closely with designers of other disciplines to produce coordinated designs.
- Working within larger project teams, with responsibility for production of deliverables to agreed timelines.
- The production of drawings, reports, calculations and structural specifications.
- Demonstrate a strong ability to communicate through sketching, drawing, presentations, and in writing
- Contribute to new product development.
- You will be responsible for the production of designs and calculations whilst acting as a key point of contact for our clients and internal team.
- Review and manage construction / design / engineering related queries on all projects.
- Responsible for providing engineering advice and technical knowledge both internally and externally.
- Carry out detailed structural surveys and compile survey reports.
- Preparing professional and detailed engineering reports for senior management.
- Review project scopes to determine structural deliverables.
- Ensure that Health and Safety is at the forefront of all aspects of design and development work.
Selection Criteria/Person Specification:
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience in structural engineering.
- The successful Structural Engineer should be chartered or on their way to becoming chartered.
- Strong computer skills required, for example; Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and Google Packages (Gmail, Google Drive, Google Docs).
- Have excellent interpersonal, written and spoken communication skills.
- Proven track record of ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritise deadlines using one’s own initiative.
- Ability to take a professional, organised and positive approach to problem solving.
- Understand the importance of confidentiality and the ability to deal with confidential information in an appropriate manner.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Knowledge of BIM
The above statements are intended to describe the essential responsibilities of persons assigned to this role. They are not intended as exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements.
To apply send your CV to [email protected]