Purpose of the Role- The Procurement Specialist will leverage proven sourcing experience, strategic thinking, communication and negotiation skills to develop and implement cost effective and timely procurement strategies
Reporting to – Commercial Director
- Proactively manage supplier issues and lead issue resolution with suppliers as they arise to ensure no impact to production, for example Invoice queries and Quality issues.
- Identify sources of supply and develop strong relationships with suppliers.
- Coordinate all aspects of supply through supply planning, sourcing, inventory management, packaging and delivery.
- Liaise across all departments to build a robust demand and supply strategy.
- Review high value purchase orders prior to submission for accuracy and quality control checks
- Be the point of contact for all procurement related queries and escalations.
- Create, update and maintain the procurement standard operating procedures and database.
- Scheduling & prioritizing requisitions and sending out enquiries to suitable suppliers.
- Collating & assessing quotations received ensuring compliance with specifications.
- Negotiating pricing, payment terms & conditions in line with project budgets.
- Produce and issue Material Purchase Orders.
- Offering project team alternative materials as appropriate.
- Visit supplier facilities and conduct vendor appraisals.
- Assisting Commercial and Tendering team with Subcontract procurement as and when required
- Leverage market and supplier knowledge to drive lower total cost of ownership.
- Proactively identifies areas of opportunity for new business opportunities, process improvement, and cost efficiencies.
- Stock and inventory management.
- 3rd-level qualification in Procurement / Supply Chain Management or equivalent is essential.
- 5 years + experience in the construction/engineering sector.
- Experience in a procurement department in the construction industry is desirable.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Able to make decisions in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Strong administrative and computer skills required, for example; Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and Google Packages (Gmail, Google Drive, Google Docs).
- Have excellent interpersonal, written and spoken communication skills.
- Ability to take a professional, organised and positive approach to problem solving.
The above statements are intended to describe the essential responsibilities of persons assigned to this role. They are not intended as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements.
To apply send your CV to [email protected]